Daegu Technopolis, located within the Daegu Gyeongbuk Free Economic Zone (DGFEZ), is a scientific center that has been designated as a R&D special zone by the government. It is to be developed into a futuristic high-tech scientific center equipped with a ubiquitous environment in which research institutes, universities and companies are concentrated and residential lots, commercial, educational and cultural facilities are well established.
We are building an industry-university-research Electronics & Telecommunications Research Institute cluster, based on sophisticated ubiquitous infrastructure, with a planned population of 50,000 to develop Research &Business Development and enhance synergy while stepping up the efforts to create new growth. Along with such efforts, we will also focus on strengthening the global competitiveness of our leading industries, including the green energy, IT convergence, robotics and medical device industries, and endeavor to develop world-class Daegu National Science Museum and Korea Institute of Industrial Technology.
Vision: R&BD Hub of southeast Korea
- A futuristic high-tech city well equipped with residential lots, commercial, educational, cultural and leisure facilities centered on government-supported research institutes, Daegu National Science Museum and engineering colleges, and high-tech companies.
- On the strong basis of Daegu Technopolis, we plan to develop Daegu into a self-contained city with a planned population of 50,000, a sophisticated and ubiquitous infrastructure, and a pleasant living environment.
- Location : Hyeonpung-gun. Yuga-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu (the whole area of Biseulsan Mountain and Nakdonggang River)
- Area : 7,266,000㎡( industrial lots area 1,521,000㎡, research area 1,390,000㎡).
- Construction Period : 2006~2012 ▷ Factory construction began in the second half of 2010.
- Industries to be attracted: new renewable energy (solar energy), future (intelligent, environmentally-friendly, hybrid) cars, IT convergence (robotics), mechatronics, etc.