194 companies from Korea and abroad (25 companies from abroad) participate in PID; a large number of major Korean textile companies attend the expo
■ PID 2021 takes off at EXCO Daegu on May 12 as a hybrid online and offline exhibition
PID Online Business Day to be held simultaneously and last until May 21
○ The 2021 Daegu International Textile Expo (Preview In Daegu 2021), the largest textile industry exhibition in Korea, takes off on May 12. Hosted by Daegu Metropolitan City and Gyeongsangbuk-do and organized by the Daegu Gyeongbuk Textile Industries Association (Chairman Jo Jeong-mun), PID 2021 will be held for three days as a safe exhibition with all the COVID 19 prevention protocols in place.
○ Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the exhibition, which was held annually in March, will be held in May this year. This PID will be attended by a total of 194 companies (169 from Korea and 25 from abroad). Various new textile items will be on display, including threads and yarns, fabric, materials for home décor and daily items, as well as functional “K-quarantine” materials that help prevent against contagious diseases.
○ To provide effective marketing support for foreign buyers and exhibitors, who are unable to attend the offline events due to COVID 19, approximately 1,500 materials and items on exhibition and detailed information on the companies that produce such materials will be available online through digital showrooms and 3D virtual exhibition halls, which has received a great\good response from the participating companies ad overseas buyers.
2021 Preview In Daegu website
○ From April 20, the PID Online Business Day was held in advance of PID 2021, providing various business services for the overseas buyers from more than 20 countries, such as promotional videos and information on the products on exhibit. In addition, an online platform was also launched to allow access to real-time consultations and consultation appointment reservations, presenting the possibilities for a business boom and a new type of exhibition.
○ Over the course of the three-day exhibition, a virtual showroom-type consultation center will be installed in the EXCO exhibition hall and in the exhibition space in Dalian, China, for real-time business consultations and video matching conferences with major overseas buyers in the US, India, and other countries in the Middle East and Asia. The online exhibition for overseas buyers will be held until May 21, and support for overseas marketing will be provided throughout the year by uploading information on products from exhibitors.
○ The main theme of this exhibition is “Refresh: Refresh to a Sustainable Future,” focusing on healthcare, safety, and health issues to be addressed in the post-COVID era. In addition, addressing the issues related to biodegradation, recycling, and renewable resources, as well as the consumer demand for functional, health and safety textile materials with antivirus, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties, PID 2021 will provide new marketing opportunities to help the companies adapt to the changes in market trends.