Skip Navigation
  1. home
  2. Life in Daegu
  3. Employment and job training

Employment and job training

Foreigners can be employed depending on their purpose of entry as stated on their visa. Marriage immigrants who entered Korea with F-6 visas have a legal right to work. To determine whether your visa allows you to work in Korea, visit HiKorea (Foreigner Information Center, or call 1345 (do not use a telephone exchange number).

Job placement agencies

Job placement agencies
Agencies Specifics
Employment Center State-run free job placement center that links job seekers and employers. Until you find work, this center will arrange interviews with employers.
Women’s Resources Development Center Agency established for women to help their employment and job training. Job seekers can use some programs at cheap prices.
Hikorea Provides online civil services for foreigners, including those related to entry and departure, employment, job finding, investment, and the provision of civil application documents.
Multicultural Family Support Center Job placement agency established for multicultural families to provide them with diverse cultural and job-related programs

Job training

Job training helps job seekers to obtain the necessary skills for future work. Marriage immigrants can apply for training programs if they have Korean nationality. Without Korean nationality, they can still receive training if they have at one time formerly held employment insurance.