Let our interpreters accompany you on your trip to Daegu.
- To make your journey to our wonderful city more informative and convenient, our “cultural heritage interpreters” will provide detailed explanations of the historical, cultural, and geographical aspects of the city’s most famous attractions.
Cultural Heritage Interpreter
- Cultural heritage interpreters are stationed at various tourism destinations to help domestic and international visitors learn more about Daegu’s traditional culture and tourism by offering thorough and detailed explanations of cultural relics (national treasures, temples, folklore, tangible and intangible cultural assets, historical sites, and natural monuments, etc.)
- Cultural heritage interpreters can be found in the following locations.
Cultural heritage interpreters can be found in the following locations Area Booth Address Contact Working days
Daegu Hyanggyo 112, Myeongnyun-ro, Jung-gu 053-256-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) Gyeongsanggamyeong Park 99, Gyeongsanggamyeong-gil, Jung-gu - Tue-Sun (6 days) Yangnyeongsi Hanbang
(Oriental Medicine) Museum
49, Dalgubeol-daero 415-gil, Jung-gu - Tue-Sun (6 days) Dalseong Park 35, Dalseonggongwon-ro, Jung-gu 053-521-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) National Daegu Museum 321, Cheongho-ro, Suseong-gu 053-766-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) Cheongna Hill Dongsan Hospital, 56, Dalseong-ro, Jung-gu 053-424-6407 Mon-Sun (7 days) Seomun Market 45, Keunjang-ro 26-gil, Jung-gu 053-661-3288 Mon-Sun (7 days) Wolgok History Museum 38, Songhyeon-ro 7-gil, Dalseo-gu 053-634-6407 Wed-Sat (4 days) Mang-u Park 93, Hyodong-ro 2-gil, Dong-gu - Fri-Sun (3 days) Nakdong River Victory Memorial Hall 574-87, Apsansunhwan-ro, Nam-gu 053-621-9880 Mon-Sun (7 days) Feb. 28 Democratic Movement Memorial Hall 9, 2.28-gil, Jung-gu 053-745-6753 Sun (1 day) Gukchaebosang Memorial Park 670, Gukchaebosang-ro, Jung-gu 053-257-2280 Tue-Sun (6 days) Palgongsan Mountain area
Pagyesa Temple 741, Pagye-ro, Dong-gu 053-982-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) Buinsa Temple 967-28, Palgongsan-ro, Dong-g 053-982-6406 Sat-Sun (2 days) Gatbawi Stone Buddha 227, Gatbawi-ro, Dong-gu - Mon-Sun (7 days) Historic Site of General Sin Sung-gyeom 17, Sinsunggyeom-gil, Dong-gu 053-981-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) Daegu Bangjja Yugi Museum 29, Dojang-gil, Dong-gu 053-606-6171 Tue-Sat (5 days) Guam Village 8, Guam-gil, Dong-gu 053-986-6507 Wed-Sun (5 days) Daegu Do-dong Arbor Vitae Forest 249, Dopyeong-ro, Dong-gu 053-985-6406 Wed-Sun (5 days) Otgol Village (Head House of Gyeongju Choe Clan) 195-5, Otgol-ro, Dong-gu 053-983-6407 Wed-Sun (5days) Birthplace of Former President Roh Tae-woo 172, Yongjin-gil, Dong-gu 053-984-6407 Mon-Sun (7 days) Bullo-dong Ancient Tomb Park 16, Palgong-ro 25-gil, Dong-gu 053-985-6408 Wed-Sun (5 days) Donghwasa Temple 1, Donghwasa 1-gil, Dong-gu 053-981-6407 Mon-Sun (7 days) Dalseong area
Nokdongseowon Confucian Academy 218, Urok-gil, Gachang-myeon, Dalseong-gun 053-767-5751 Mon-Sun (7 days) Yongyeonsa Temple 6, Bansong 6-gil, Okpo-myeon, Dalseong-gun 053-616-6408 Wed-Sun (5 days) Dodongseowon Confucian Academy 726, Gujiseo-ro, Guji-myeon, Dalseong-gun 053-616-6407 Mon-Sun (7 days) Yuksinsa Temple 60, Yuksinsa-gil, Habin-myeon, Dalseong-gun 053-583-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) Hwawon Resort 40-14, Samunjin-ro 1-gil, Hwawon-eup, Dalseong-gun 053-635-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days) Yugasa Temple 161, Yugasa-gil, Yuga-myeon, Dalseong-gun 053-614-8430 Wed-Sun (5days) Inheung Village (Village of Nampyeong Mun Clan) 16, Inheung 3-gil, Hwawon-eup, Dalseong-gun 053-638-6407 Wed-Sun (5 days)
※ These locations are subject to change.
Qualifications of cultural heritage interpreters
- Our interpreters are chosen from among local citizens of Daegu through an open recruitment process. The specific requirements are: diploma or teaching experience in a related field, overall knowledge of Daegu’s cultural relics and tourism resources, and proficiency in foreign languages (English, Japanese, and Chinese). So far, we have selected seven groups of interpreters (in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009 and 2012). Having received professional training and education, more than 100 of them are now stationed at 30 tourism destinations throughout the city.
Duties of cultural heritage interpreters
- It is the duty of cultural heritage interpreters to:
- Help domestic and foreign tourists learn about and care for our cultural assets and tourism resources by providing thorough and detailed explanations of the city’s history and culture.
- Provide a memorable tour experience for all visitors.
- Consistently attend training sessions in order to keep their tour-related knowledge up-to-date.
Apply for a cultural heritage interpreter now!
- For group tours of 10 or more people
- Please apply three or more days prior to your visit (via email).
- To: email@example.com
- For further information, please contact the Daegu Tourism Association at: 053-746- 6407.