Daegu National Industrial Park Investment Guide Book Downloadinvestment_guide_eng 미리보기
“Dream of green growth and the light of a knowledge economy”
In order to create a new growth engine for the region, the city of Daegu is in the process of establishing the Daegu National Industrial Park. The industrial park, located on a plot of land measuring 8.5㎢ in Guji-myeon Dalseong-gun Daegu, will be made up of industrial, residential, commercial, and research facilities and will be able to accommodate up to 4,500 people. The industrial park was designated a “national industrial park” by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport in September 2009, and is expected to be completed by 2018. The City of Daegu hopes that the industrial park will attract next-generation growth engine industries such as future-oriented vehicle, advanced machinery, next-generation electronic communications, and new and renewable energy businesses. Initial construction will focus on creating an industrial axis in the region, and will start with the Seongseo 5th Industrial Complex followed by the Seongseo 1st to 4th Industrial Complexes, the Dalseong Primary and Secondary Industrial Complexes, the Daegu Technopolis, and the Hyunpoong Industrial Complex located along Nakdong-gang River. Also, a green and high-tech industrial complex will be constructed in Daegu by transforming the existing industrial structure focusing on textiles, general machinery and automobile parts to a high-tech industrial structure focusing on smart vehicle parts, embedded S/W and the photovoltaic industry. This will be achieved through close cooperation with the large-sized industrial complexes in the Yeongnam area, including Gumi (electronics), Masan & Changwon (machinery) and Ulsan & Busan (automobile) so that a harmony between nature and advanced science is achieved.
- Location: Guji-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu (Dalseong Secondary Industrial Parks vicinity)..
- Area: 8,548 thousand m².
- Project period: 2009 ~ 2018. 12 (1st stage by 2016).
- Project cost: approximately KRW 1.7572 trillion.
- Developers: Korea Land & Housing Corporation (75%), Daegu Urban Development Corporation (25%).
- Industries to be attracted: next-generation electronic and communications, advanced machinery, future-oriented vehicles, new and renewable energy, etc.
※ Non-metal mineral goods (C23), electronic parts, computers, images, sound and communications equipment manufacturing businesses (C26); medical, precision and optical devices and watches (C27); and electrical equipment (C28), other machinery and equipment (C29), automobile and trailers (C30).
Location and Conditions
- Construction of the Dalseong Primary and Secondary Industrial Complexes is complete and currently Daegu Technopolis is being constructed. Also concurrently being established is an industrial belt connecting Gumi, Chilgok, Seongseo, Hyunpoong, Masan and Changwon.
- Transportation to and from the complex is expected to be facilitated by the opening of the 88, Guma, and Jungbu Naeryuk expressways, along with roads (currently under construction) running between the Daegu Arboretum and the Technopolis. There are also plans to construct additional expressways between Hyunpoong and Ulsan.
- Able to cooperate closely with the large-sized industrial complexes in the Yeongnam area, including Gumi (electronics), Masan & Changwon (machinery), Ulsan and Busan.
Current Progress and Future Plan
- Feasibility study by a service agency (Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements): April 30 ~ Dec. 6, 2008.
- Announcement of the construction of Daegu National Industrial Park (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport): Aug. 26, 2008.
- Establishment of the plan for industrial complex (development & implementation plans): Dec. 2008 ~ May 2009.
- Application for designation of the Daegu National Industrial Complex: May 28, 2009
- Designation of the Daegu National Industrial Complex: Sep. 30, 2009.
- Start of the basic investigation on obstructions and lands: Oct. 2009.
- Zones 1 and 2 (5,920 thousand m²): commenced in Jan. 2013.
- Ground-breaking ceremony: June 5, 2013.
- Completion of the 1st phase of the project: expected to be in December 2016.
Location and Bird’s Eye View